Associate MODs to battle & campaign in Editor

Hello Gents,

iirc I did actually read in the manual or in some readme/faq about this feature, but cannot find it again.

Was this option introduced with CMX2 v.2?

I'm talking about the possibility to create a campaign or a battle in the editor, including some MODs for uniforms and armor paintings.

Am I daydreaming or is that possible? And if so, can someone please list on how to implement it?

If this has been already discussed in depths I wasn't able to find it: any clarification would me most welcomed.

TIA

OK, I've found a hint reference in the CMx2 v.2.0 Upgrade page:

Editor Improvements:

[...]

- Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.

[...]

Graphics improvements:

- Expanded Soldier details. A completely new way of assigning models and textures allows greater flexibility and variety of how Soldiers look in the game. It also allows for more flexible Modding possibilities.

Still I cannot find any other details: has this been improved or not?

Yes- the uniforms have options in the Editor for use of certain camo schemes, unit emblams (82nd vs. 101 AB, for instance). This is set by scenario designer.

There are certain tags that are available for use by mod makers. These depend on the game (CMFI vs CMBN) for what's available. CMFI has "snow", for instance, CMBN does not (as that season isn't covered by ending in September).

These tags add things like "mud" textures when that environment is present in the scenario. This may also be applied to country in the case of CMBN by adding the "Holland" (IIRC) tag to a texture mod. There is a list of these tags somewhere. They are a great addition to the modders available tools, and also add immersion with the stock textures when used.

Via Mikey D:

For CMBN [muddy] and [holland] works.

For CMFI [muddy], [olive], [whitewash], and [mainland] for vehicles. Or any combo thereof like [olive muddy]

For CMFI terrain there's [cold] and [snow] and [spring]

The tag [olive] kicks in at a certain date - March?

[whitewash] appears when snow terrain is selected. Only the German bunker uses that tag currently.

• 4 years later...
On 3.11.2013 at 2:53 AM, Gen Von Television said:

Hello Gents,

iirc I did actually read in the manual or in some readme/faq about this feature, but cannot find it again.

Was this option introduced with CMX2 v.2?

I'm talking about the possibility to create a campaign or a battle in the editor, including some MODs for uniforms and armor paintings.

Am I daydreaming or is that possible? And if so, can someone please list on how to implement it?

If this has been already discussed in depths I wasn't able to find it: any clarification would me most welcomed.

TIA

There is a Campaign editor 'CM Universal Utility' (alpha) here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9sroq6vhlm3fza6/AADPnV9WTXH9ifqpAw6Slszea?dl=0