Ai is waaaay too slow

I love this game and I like expecially the big maps.

The classic map seems to me too small but I noticed that when I try to play a bigger map (e.g. brute force) it takes forever for the AI to complete a turn.

Is it possible to make it quicker?

Does it depend on my pc or is it always so slow?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

C.

Well I use 1 core to run it, and the other core to do other stuff. I dont think there is a game out there that uses more than one core. I do know that the newer processors definitely run faster than mine because their architecture is more efficient.

Mayby Cunctator has a P4 2.4Ghz? Who knows.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz

RAM: 4.0 GB Double Channel DDR2 @ 400 MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q-PRO (LGA 775)

Graphics: 1024 MB Nvidia GeForce GTX 285

Would you suggest a new processor?

Hey thats my PC!!!!

Really depends how much money you want to spend. My mod has longer turns late in the war. I do something else when its running. For me the time isnt long at all. You want good thinking AI it takes time.

Try playing World in Flames. Some players take 2 hours to do one turn.

As soon as this goes out, I'm going into test mode. The early Barby(summer/autumn40) completely negates a possible Allied victory.

I just had another opponent dropout in 1941 because of the early Barbarossa and for the life of me, I've taken the Allied side and have been unable to win against this gambit. Let's face it, USSR is the key in the historical campaign and the Reds don't stand a chance against this early German blitz, much less with the Nips closing in from the east also.

GC is busted!:eek:

Sure Hubert, that's a prerequisite, as is Denmark and the LC. Here's how things unfold. Immediately build the two FJs before 1940 after Poland surrenders, no research, then build the second TAC. What I'm doing is preparing for Sealion if UK defends in France or tries something elsewhere. France usually goes down by August at the latest, usually a lot sooner, maybe April. I've also built additionally two more Panzer Groups for a total of 4 by the time early Barby kicks off, usually by September, but it doesn't matter as the Winter of 40-41 is used to maneuver forces into jump off positions for the thaw in 1941.

Most times, you can have a Kharkov, Kursk, Smolensk deployment line for the real attack initiated in June 41. From here it's a piece of cake, walk right into Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and on. By then the Axis have all the minors in, Italy helps with an Army Group and Germany is bringing down almost 500 MPPs by the end of the Summer 41. Then, if you want, send the Japs in from the east, because Zhukov and his attending units have all been transfered trying to stem the Axis tide in the west, game over. You really don't need any research, but it's helpful to get LR and HT and the last AT bump for the three TACs you deploy for the June 41 attack. Even if you do Sealion, there's still sufficient forces to initiate this scheme, just not quite as effectively.

My fix, is get the USA in as early as possible and ramp them up with the UK to get at France ASAP cause it's only a matter of time and USSR will fold.

I have never lost with this strategy. I have given it to my opponents who have initiated it unchallenged by my Allies also. I don't really know what else to do to counter this, it's like a sure thing. Someone....anyone out there..prove me wrong....I want to be wrong!:o

Usually I just ignore the minors and I usually deny the M-R pact, although I've accomplished early barby either way. The minors, Hungary, Romania, and lastly Bulgaria join on their own, in which case they are used(Romanians) for surrounding Odessa and the rest to take up garrison duties in the West ie. France, LC, Italy, and Denmark. I leave Bock and one fighter in France for intercepts.

A few times, I remember Yugo also joining, but that is probably from the DE of the Allied player. Oh yeah, sometimes I evacuate Africa, except for Tripoli(HQ & armor), all Italians come home (for June 41 Barby), the Regia Aero is a fire brigade(ftr, TAC, and Bombers), opting for Barby or threats, as needed.

Joggle my memory some more, I won't hold anything back, it all goes on the table for "GOLD". I've done this same strategy with other mods, Nupremal's and Big Al's, and it works in varying degrees of success.