Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How big will the map be?

I'd assumed that other than Big Al's "Brute Force" that all the new campaigns would be based upon the original Global map scale, with perhaps some minor changes to resources, cities, etc. and of course the beginning alliances and deployments.

Am I wrong? I would love a variety of new map scales for each campaign. Oh...please Mr.H..tell me that is the case.:)

I've gotten to the point that I really appreciate a campaign like "High Tide" for immediate combat immersion and the fewer number of turns for completion, and it seems pretty well balanced, good for tournaments.

I'm wondering if perhaps the same could be expected from the new 1943 campaign "The Last Democracy", can the designer comment?:)

I'd assumed that other than Big Al's "Brute Force" that all the new campaigns would be based upon the original Global map scale, with perhaps some minor changes to resources, cities, etc. and of course the beginning alliances and deployments.

Am I wrong? I would love a variety of new map scales for each campaign. Oh...please Mr.H..tell me that is the case.:)

My misunderstanding, I thought you were referring to new 'campaigns' and not the base maps.

Yes the only new base map is for the Brute Force campaign.

I've gotten to the point that I really appreciate a campaign like "High Tide" for immediate combat immersion and the fewer number of turns for completion, and it seems pretty well balanced, good for tournaments.

I'm wondering if perhaps the same could be expected from the new 1943 campaign "The Last Democracy", can the designer comment?:)

Al put this one together as well and I would say that just from looking at the map right now, you'd find it very similar to 1942 High Tide for immediate combat immersion... as for suitability for tournaments, I'm sure after release we'll get a better idea as there are always tweaks here and there before things are ultimately balanced.

1940 Facist Alliance is Germany doing Sealion right. And the accurate historical condition that Spain would have joined the Axis if the UK was successfully invaded.

1943 The Last Democracy is effectively the Axis doing everything right. Sealion succeeded, Midway battle was 3 US CVs sunk zero Japanese. Russia defeated in the historical vision of Hitler's Lebanstram idea with an surrender line of Archangel to Astrakan. Russian can still activate again as an allied and the USA is the lone strong ally left.

1939 Brute Force is a 40m Euro, 80m per hex Pacific campaign I designed. Its made for those who want a little more maneuvering on the Euro map. The scales are different because when I orignally designed this @ 40m per hex the pacific was HUUGE and unplayable. Thus its split. The key element is the 16 different strategies of the AI.

Right now for BF1939 I am working on the final tweaks for AI strategy. Its tough to counter every possible Human move.

I love SC2 so I am committed to updating and correcting changes to any of my campaign. One of my goals in life is to make an excellent WW2 grand strategy game. SC2 gave me the opportunity to do it.

Well then, I owe it to you to test out the single player of BF1939 too since you're so dedicated to it. I didn't really play more than a few test games for WW1 that I quit when I'd learned enough.

Don't be too modest on the "little" more maneuvering room for Europe!