CMAK/CMBB Video Issues

Greetings,

Been having an issue with CMAK and CMBB with the written graphics "whiting" out (screenshot enclosed), I just purchased the $5 1.04 patch for CMAK, and am a bit annoyed it did nothing to solve the issue. Would like to get both games running again if at all possible.

System specs:

Vista 32

AMD Dual Core 3ghz

ATO Radeon HD 4600

Thanks,

Paul

post-33937-141867623303_thumb.jpg

Okay, after some searching I located the ATI graphic fix which has worked. Was initially annoyed at purchasing the patch for no reason, but it does allow me to run the game sans CD, and in addition, just installed CMBB and it would not launch (black screen), purchased the CMBB patch as well and it cleared up the issue. Happy to be playing the games again!

The 1.04 patch originally was released to address problems that DirectX 10 compatible video cards were having with CMBB and CMAK under Windows Vista. The game was completely unplayable (the screen would get covered with 'edges' among other things). The 1.04 patch updated some of the DirectX calls that the game used to slightly newer variations that had better support with newer video cards/drivers. Ironically within a few months of the patch being released new drivers came out that, in most cases, made the patch unnecessary.

However one side benefit of the patch is that newer drivers have introduced some bugs into the display of CMBB and CMAK and the 1.04 patch addresses them (indirectly). I'm not quite familiar with the CMx1 games having a completely black screen, but that is a possibility with some of the newer drivers.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I just purchased a used Dell Core 2 Due Desktop ( Dell Optiplex 755 ) W/ATI HD2400 Video Card, and having the same txt "White-Out" video issue ( didn 't have this problem with my older ATI X600 laptop vid ).

The ATI HD2400 video didn't come Video Manager or software as I can't change any of the settings to see if it would help ( but will download one from the Dell website for future use ).

Where did you find the ATI Video fix ? can you give me a link or just 'Copy & Past' it here.

Thanx, Joe

Hello,

I just purchased a used Dell Core 2 Due Desktop ( Dell Optiplex 755 ) W/ATI HD2400 Video Card, and having the same txt "White-Out" video issue ( didn 't have this problem with my older ATI X600 laptop vid ).

The ATI HD2400 video didn't come Video Manager or software as I can't change any of the settings to see if it would help ( but will download one from the Dell website for future use ).

Where did you find the ATI Video fix ? can you give me a link or just 'Copy & Past' it here.

Thanx, Joe

I only ever get nVidia cards for my rigs, I have never liked ATI stuff. Just my two cents. However here is what I found...

Second post:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82561

Hope it helps.