Netherlands effect on German morale

When the Dutch switch to the Entente through diplomacy, Germany not only loses the 65 resource points, but also has the morale effect of blockade doubled. However, if Holland joins the CP, Germany only loses the 65 points (gaining about 40 points from Dutch resources instead). Would not the Entente have extended full blockade to Holland and thus should not Germany suffer the double morale penalty in this circumstance as well?

I don't see how Entente warships could block the transport of milk and Edam cheese from Holland to Germany via land? The whole point of the naval blockade is denying Germany an access to various raw materials essential for the war effort, transported by sea. Food products were also considered of "strategic" importance and the lack of them had direct impact on the morale of German army and the civilian population. It makes sense that if Holland switches sides, it has severe impact on CP morale but if from the other hand Germany conquers Netherlands, I don't see why it should have any negative consequences, appart from loss of some MMP? As mentioned at the beginning, Entente cannot block the land rountes between Germany and Holland.

Hi Habari

I think you might have a point. The problem to Germany is that if Holland cannot import food from neutrals because she is now a belligerent, then while Germany will import Dutch products, they will miss out on food products imported via Holland to Germany from around the world. Thus there will be hunger in Germany.

I'll put this on my list of things to look at.

Thanks.

Bill