Question: Map View

Hi, how do I make the camera actually view straight down though? Is view camera level six in the controls someplace?

Second question:

Is there a "Combined Arms" function the same way there was in CMBO? Currently, I only six mixed, which could create horribly lopsided purchase choices.

Thank you,

JB

P. 11 in the manual has all the default camera control commands.

Briefly, keys 1-9 on the main keyboard (not the number pad) are preset camera views (similar to CMx1). Holding the CTRL key and turning the mouse wheel will allow you to change the pitch of the camera without altering its position in space.

Sure. View levels 6 and higher (IIRC) are straight down. Or you can use the camera controls to tilt the camera so that it's looking straight down from any height. I do this all the time.

Me too. I find the combination of View 3 and camera tilted all the way down are best for precise movement plotting.

Michael

Hi, how do I make the camera actually view straight down though? Is view camera level six in the controls someplace?

<snip>

You can use the right mouse click and drag to change the camera angle to straight down your self. Then you can use the mouse scroll wheel to move the camera up and down to see more or less of the map.

Or

You can press the 7 key (the one above the y and u keys - not the number pad 7) and then use the mouse scroll wheel to move the camera higher to see the whole map.