C2 issue in campaigns

Am now playing a 2nd campaign in which a platoon leader is KIA (the other 2 guys in the HQ are fine), but in the next battles, the HQ unit (which received no replacements so still with 2 guys) does not provide any C2 to its platoon.

It doesn't stop me completing and winning battles, but my understanding is that in subsequent battles of a campaign, the HQ unit should once again be able to provide C2.

Is this an issue with campaigns, or my system, or...?

Yeah, I'm frustrated on this one. In a campaign's first battle I've managed to have all 4 of my platoon HQ's wiped out. 2 were destroyed by a single artillery impact. (One was sheltered behind bocage, the other was FASTing past them to gain shelter about 40 meters away. The shell hit right as they were adjacent. Great timing.)

The next battle is going to be very ugly for me. I need some NCO's to be put in command. Hey, how about that XO? Grrr.

This one's personal. :)

So, this issue is also related to the problem that neither Co and Bn HQ's, nor their XO's will "take over" and provide C2 when a platoon HQ is KIA (in the campaign I played at least)?

Is this phenomenon only in campaigns? (I can't recall losing any HQ's in scenarios yet.)

It doesn't spoil the game for me, as am learning how to fight effectively and win without C2.

:)

So, this issue is also related to the problem that neither Co and Bn HQ's, nor their XO's will "take over" and provide C2 when a platoon HQ is KIA (in the campaign I played at least)?

Is this phenomenon only in campaigns? (I can't recall losing any HQ's in scenarios yet.)

It doesn't spoil the game for me, as am learning how to fight effectively and win without C2.

:)

I've definitely had Coy and Btn HQs and their XOs take over C2 duties for subordinate units during campaigns. To my recollection, it's only in the following scenario that the chain of replacement of command gets broken.