reinforcements, probability of arrival...

When I used to make scenarios and operations in CMAK, I appreciated the versatility of adding in many different reinforcements with very low probability of arrival. I never knew what the AI enemy might get and it added a lot of replayability to my scenarios.

But with CMBN it seems to just have time of arrival of the reinforcement and a drop down menu to change if it is exact arrival on the dot or +/- various minutes.

Does anyone have a way to try and regain the probability of arrival?

For example can I have the reinforcement targeted to arrive at 45 minutes in a 30 minute game and then make the variation +/- 20 minutes?

Thanks

Does anyone have a way to try and regain the probability of arrival?

For example can I have the reinforcement targeted to arrive at 45 minutes in a 30 minute game and then make the variation +/- 20 minutes?

Thanks

Yep, this'll work, with one modification. The variable arrival time is not +/-, it's best denoted as "maybe +." The time you give in the other dropdown menu is "Earliest Possible Arrival" so whatever you give in the arrival span will be given in terms of minutes AFTER the Earliest Possible Arrival. So if you wanted to give reinforcements that may or may not arrive starting at 25 minutes in a 45 minute scenario on a 40-minute interval, you would put "25 mins" in the first menu and "40 mins" in the second menu. This would achieve the 45+/-20 result. (However, I don't think the variation goes up to 40 minutes, I think the highest is 30.)

Clear? :)

Blooker,

Thanks for the clarification.

I wonder what actually probability curve or whatever it ends up being?

I always think of these things as a 100 sided die roll.

My R1 unit earliest possible arrival say 15 minutes with a 15 minute variation in a 30 minute scenario. Is it a 50/50 die roll starting at 15 min mark? I wonder....

I still really like that ability to dial down the probability. Really added replayability...

Shucks Blooker, Now I re-read the manual page 133 and we are in error.

Manual's example says earliest arrival at 30 min and 30 min variation for a 60 min game gives possibility of arrival 1 second after game start or right at end.

And it says it is a 50/50 chance each minute of the game. heads/tails probability.

Then I'm pretty sure the manual is wrong. ;)