large map gets cut off

Larsen

Hi, everyone,

something strange started happening today. I have a Pentium4 1.9G machine (no brand) and GeForce2 video card with 64M of memory. Everything was working more or less all right till today. Suddenly when I decided to play a 2000 pts attack vs AI I realized that I cannot see the map for more than about 600m from any point. As I move the camera the map gets cut off. There treets, building and units and then as you move the camera away everything is getting replaced witha green background. Did anyone experience such a problem before? Any ideas as to why this might behappening?

I'm not sure why this is happening, but press the Shift+T to make sure that you're getting 'all of the trees' and see if this makes a difference. I don't know if a Mipmapping setting can strangely make this sort of difference also (Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced... button > GeForce 2 tab > Additional Properties.. button > Direct 3D Settings tab > 'Enable fog table emulation' is checked and 'Mipmap level detail' is set to 'Best Image Quality').

Somehow the problem got fixed. I'm not sure what really fixed it but after getting the problem I started playing with my monitor resolution and screwed things up to the extend that the screen got blank. Deserate enough I for some reason decided to unplug the monitor from the power outlet and then plugged it back again. Miracle happened. The monitor came back to life and the problem with CMBO went away. I never even thought that "rebooting" the monitor can do any good. I have 17" LCD from SYS. Weird but as my friend says "stranger things happen".

Actually my guess is that you toggled the Horizon distance setting from "unlimited" to a lower setting (maybe 1000 or 2000 meters) andf then recently back again while in the game.

That would cause the map "cutoff" that you witnessed. I belive that setting is activated with umm shift-h maybe? Eitherway, its listed in the keyboard shortcuts menu.

Madmatt

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>