New file at the Repository: Counterattack near Dafniya.rar (2011-09-04)

This scenario is designed to be played from the perspective of Pro-Gaddafi forces. It is set on the old Misrata front, in the vicinity of the village of Dafniya. Gaddafi forces are taking advantage of a gap in Nato air cover to launch an attack against rebel forces and forestall their advance. The fighting takes place on fertile agricultaral land. The claustrophobic, close in fighting outside of an urban environment is probably more typical of CMBN than Shock Force. The forces under your command are a mixture of regular and irregular infantry supported by technicals and some armour.

More...

Well, I played your first scenario black prince and I liked it. It was a tough battle to get through. The terrain really did favor the defense and it was a good slog through each major section of the map. I ended up with a Minor victory because I couldn't take all the objectives. I lost too many men. If I had maybe another platoon at my disposal, I could have gone further but alas, that was not to be.

In short, interesting background for said mission, good map, very defensive in nature. Just the right amount of offensive forces to make it a nail-biter. I will definately play it again. Red vs Red scenarios really shine with this engine. Makes it more of a even fight.

Bravo on your first scenario. It might actually be even more fun played as a PBEM.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I had a great time making it and will definitely be producing some more. There's one more Libya themed scenario I've got in mind at the moment and then I think I'll move on to CMA and CMBN scenarios.

Before that though, I'm going to put out a v1.1 of this mission. I think it needs a few tweaks such as a bit more ammo for the attacking infantry, a bit less BM-21 ammo and a little more shelter for the initial deployment areas as well as one or two red AI plans to increase re-playability.

I was also thinking about adding blue AI plans and a red briefing so it could be played by both sides although I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. As you say, the terrain favours defence so I don't imagine that playing red vs AI would be particularly exciting. Still, a red briefing would be nice for PBEM games.