The icons need to float so high above units because why?

I end up only playing CM:BN for maybe an hour each night, where I used to play CM1 for hours on end, just because it takes so long to plot things out.

Fifteen to twenty minutes to plot, resolve, and repeatedly replay a minute of CM1 now takes me four or five hours in CM:BN. Admittedly I can now plot the first two or three minutes of "Road to Berlin" in about an hour, because I've done it about a dozen times and nothing much happens on the left (farm) side until US troops near the first hedgerow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no real answer (official or otherwise) to the original question posed in this thread. :/

As mentioned, three is no other game I know that handles unit icons as bizarrely and as incomprehensibly as what I see in CMBN (and I guess CMSF). Why??

There have been enough screen shots posted here to illustrate just how practically worthless the current icons are at providing the player with any valuable tactical information on the exact location/terrain of their units at a glance.

I know that any "unknown contact" "?" icon markers sit right at ground level. Is there any way to switch all the icons so that they do this?

Modders...can the icon floating height be modded to be lowered?