Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

All sorts of problems

I hope somebody here can help me. I've been having all kinds of problems these past few weeks when I play my CM(BB&AK) games. Usually the game will lock up where I can still move my mouse pointer but it doesn't scroll, rotate the screen or respond to clicks. The keyboard doesn't work when this happens either except[CNTL+ALT+DEL and sometimes it reboots and other times it just locks up harder. Sometimes I get a unexpected error. Sometimes everything seems to work but when I send the file to an opponent it doesn't run for him. A couple of times my computer has just automatically rebooted while I'm in the middle of plotting moves. At first, I thought I may have been playing to large of a scenario, but the problem seems to be getting progressivly worse no matter the scenario size. I've tried changing my hardware acceleration, I've upgraded my RAM and nothing I do seems to make a difference. My system is a Compaq/AMD Athlon 1.2gHz/Windows ME/384 RAM/NVidia RIVA TNT Model 64/Model64 Pro Video Card. Any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Terry "GreyGhost" Ostrander

My guess would be an overheating CPU or some other component (maybe even a power supply that is overheating). You may want to check to make sure all of your fans are operating correctly and that there isn't too much dust build-up.

If necessary, take off your case cover and operate the computer for awhile with it off. If things work fine, then it is most likely a heat problem (typically the 'ambient' case temperature - not enough cool air moving through).