unlicensing

I am having my computer wiped and re done from scratch so I am trying to un-install my CMSF bundle. When I try it says I am not connected to the internet and then it gives me error -12 when I go ahead anyway. Will I be able to put it back on when I get the computer back from the tech guy or do I need to try something else?

He is picking it up today so this is a little time sensitive.

The "-12" error indicates that there is some sort of issue with a firewall or proxy. Since proxies aren't too common, I assume that it may be indicating a problem with whatever software firewall you may have installed. To check to see if the unlicensing was successful, attempt to play CMSF and see if you get prompted to license whatever module you had installed or if the game loads up completely.

With CMSF and the modules, it can take a bit to unlicense everything. Make sure to unlicense all of the modules. If you've licensed the base game, then there some extra steps you'll need to go through AFTER you have unlicensed the modules.

• 1 month later...