PBEM files fail to save?

I've noticed that every now and then a PBEM file doesn't get saved. Seems to happen roughly 20% of the time, and it's quite a bit annoying having to re-do a whole turn, especially in larger scenarios.

To clarify: after giving orders the savegame window pops up, click on OK, game exits to main screen. Savegame is nowhere to be found.

Game is patched (happened in previous versions, too), system is Win7 64 bit.

Known bug?

I've seen some previous complaints about this in the Tech Support forum for CMBN. However it wasn't related to a single Windows OS, so I doubt it is an incompatibility with a particular version of Windows. However I don't know what is causing it and its random nature obviously makes tracking down the problem that much harder. I assume that a repeat of the turn usually saves OK ?

Perhaps what we need from players who see this problem is the last PBEM file they have of the game (including necessary passwords for both sides) and some system details (OS, memory, video card and driver, security software, any programs running in the background, etc.) and submit it in a Helpdesk ticket. Perhaps some specific scenarios MIGHT generate this sort of problem more frequently.