The Byte Battler is BACK!

Yes, folks, just like the seasons and certain skin diseases the Byte Battler will always return, and now it has.

As before the idea is to host and inspire the creation of Byte Battles i.e small, intense scenarios. Usually, but far from always, intended for head to head play.

The new site is a bit more basic than the old, a result of the move from a Microsoft to a Linux environment and a subsequent learning curve, but we're getting there.

The Byte Battler

Small but fierce.

-Derfel

I looked at your site and noticed the Byte Battles were for version 1.00, does that mean they cannot be played using version 1.01 ?

They should be fine to be played with v1.01.

If you think logically about this, all the scenarios and campaigns, which came with the game when you bought it, were created using 1.00 (or most likely even beta builds before that). It would be a huge fiasco for the game if the created scenarios were overly version dependent - but sometimes this will happen anyway, as changes with the patches sometimes take away the premises (like specific unit behaviour, cover, concealment etc.) the scenario designer took as valid when he created the scenario.

But technically, BFC can't really change too much in the way scenarios are created and stored (at least, for a family of games like CMSF and CMBN). They would risk having to redo all the scenarios and campaigns, which I think is a huge NOGO.

Heh!

Sorry for the confusion, the "version 1.0" refers to the version of the scenario. When we make the scenarios they're named 0.1-9 until they are ready for release, that version is 1.0. After that they get new version numbers if we update them.

I'll change the column name so this gets clearer.

As for the different versions of the game; as I understand it scenarios made under V 1.0 are perfectly playable under V 1.01.

-Derfel