Sudden Video Issues: GF3 Ti200 w. Win2K

Hi Folks,

Well, I can now say I've had the first video issues I haven't been able to figure out.

I installed Window Blinds (a UI "enhancer") and I think it dorked things. I've removed the program, but there seems to be some lingering video issues.

Here's some screenies. Notice the hightlighted text.

I tried at both the usual 1600x1200, then dropped down to 1024x768 to see if that helped. no dice.

Starting 1600

Setup 1600

Sturmy 1600

Starting 1024

Setup 1024

Sturmy 1024

Weird how the startup at 1024x768 is ok, but everything else is still dorked.

I've removed, then reinstalled the drivers, but no luck.

Oh, and I'm using the most current drivers: 2832w2k

I certainly hope i don't have to reinstall the OS, but it may have to be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[ July 22, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: leakyD ]

Well, if you're pretty certain it was 'Window Blinds' that caused your problems, then maybe looking through the registry may help. The idea being to delete any settings related to Window Blinds. You may also have to look for any left over DLL files, etc. that may be associated with it.

Actually 28.32 isn't the latest Windows 2000 driver. The latest official driver is 44.03, but I highly suggest staying with either 28.32 or 30.82/30.87 as anything newer will just have problems. However I'd suggest uninstalling your current driver, possibly using a utility to delete *all* files associated within Windows with Nvidia and setting your display (temporarily) to a SVGA PCI adapter. You may also want to consider updating your DirectX version, though version 9 is only necessary with some of the latest drivers. Once you gotten to this point (and it will take several reboots), then you can reinstall the NVidia video drivers you want to use. See if that has made a difference. If it hasn't, then you may be looking at a reinstallation of Windows from scratch in order to get rid of the problem.