Almost back...Help with GeForce

Just got my system back together after a nasty crash. The first thing I did after installing all the drivers was to crank up CM and I almost cried when I saw it wasn't running right. The "field of battle" seems to be the only thing wrong. All other graphics appear to be OK (ie..the opening page,buttons on the in game screen [play,pause,FF,RW]).

Any ideas? Here is what I just got:

1.7ghz P4

64mb GeForce2 MX Family

What version of DirectX do you have installed ? Win98SE comes with DirectX 6.1 by default, have you upgraded this (though it generally isn't necessary) ? Are you attempting to play a battle with fog ?

Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced... button > GeForce2 MX/MX400 tab > most of the Reference drivers should give you some info about the card on this tab, make note of your BIOS version (near the top in the 'Display Adapter Information' section) and the driver version (near the bottom in the 'Driver Version Information' section - just the last four digits is all that is necessary). Clicking on the 'Additional Properties...' button will take you to some additional configuration options for FSAA, DirectX and OpenGL, etc. In the Direct3D Settings tab make sure that 'Enable fog table emulation' is checked.

I'd suggest deleting your CM Prefs file and reselecting your resolution. Make sure your color depth in the Display control panel is 16-bit or higher.