CMAK TCP/IP crash

jep

I can confirm that.

Version: CDV (german)

I tried playing TCP/IP with a buddy last night, and the game would always crash on us (either on his or on my system). It *seemed* that the crashs would occur once the fighting started, so sometimes it would crash in the first round (on small, flat maps) or in a later round if our troops took a while to sight each other. Trying to use the auto-save to resume would also result in a crash. We both tried hosting, and the results were the same. We then went to play a TCP/IP in CM:BB (V. 1.03 CDV, german) which worked flawlessly.

Error message that came up read something like: "Connection lost, the game will exit. You can resume your game later with the auto-save file"

When we tried to use the auto-resume feature, there would be no message however, the game would just crash back to the desktop.

We both use WinXP Pro and are on DSL (same ISP) btw.

Needless to say, we were both pretty dissapointed after having bitten the bullet buying the sanitized german version (I know, silly us smile.gif ) and then not being able to slug it out on the web.... :(

Sascha

I am looking into this CDV version issue since I nor any of my testers can seem to replicate it with the original BFC version.

I heard from a few Finns last week that were encountering a similar issue so we will continue to collect all the data we can to pin down what the problem might be. There should not be any difference between the CDV version and ours, but then anything is possible.

Madmatt

Sasha, would you and your friend be willing to work with me to try and test a few things to try and get to the bottom of this?

If so, please contact me when you can at my direct email address of Matt@battlefront.com as I have a few things I want to test and need to get some more info.

One way or the other we will get to the bottom of this and get it sorted out.

Madmatt

We played about 10 turns without moving single unit, it worked well. As soon as we actually started to move units game crashed.

1Sascha defined my problem well enought. Except every quick batle (huge map, 1500 points ) game has always crashed before the fight start. I were suprised if it took more than 3 rounds to crash.

>>Are you on the BFC or CDV version of CMAK? >>What about your opponent?

CDV version 1.0, english.

>>Can you reliably replicate the problem even >>with different battles?

Yes.

>>What happens when your opponent hosts the >>game, or vice versa?

Crash.

I was the guy playing against Sasha. We both have the CDV version of CMAK and in the beginning everything just went fine. Unit buying and set up worked and we even could give commands but somehow, when first engagement was about to take place we both received connection lost messages while our commands transferred over TCP/IP.

If we can be of help just dropme a message.

Cheers

Me and a friend both bought the CDV version in Finland and are having the same prob. Running it on WinXP + all patches, I'm behind a shared connection but that shouldn't make any difference.

We started playing a tutorial that worked fine for a couple of turns. He has to host because of my connection and the connection loss seems to be in his end. This is our first CM so haven't tried playing on previous games..

Hi!

Sorry to say that me and my brother got exactly the same problem :mad: . We both bought the CDV Version here in Germany. We can play the first few rounds over tcp/ip then the game just crashes back to desktop without any error message. It is also impossible to continue the game with the auto savegame, the game will just crash again (corrupted savegame i guess). Nice work CDV!! :mad: :mad: I don't think that Battlefront is responsible for that s***! Cmak is the first game i bought for years and now this...

Okay, then how about this problem...

When I exit out of playing a game of CMAK and return to my desktop, my internet connection is dead.

No ****e, Sherlock! Not multiplayer, but just the regular 1 person game.

I have a cable braodband connection. When I exit the game my entire internet gateway connectoid in the Network Connections is just GONE. Internet Explorer won't even TRY to open an address!

I have to reboot. Happens everytime.

Weird, eh?

Random

I have just posted a new thread on this, I had same problem with CMBO running latest UK version, I have the CDV game and so does mu opponent, we both run modern P4 machines with XP home and Telewest Cable modem connections

Game runs ok if we let the computer select the forces but states that the connection to the specified IP address could not be made and we have to start from scratch attempting to setup a game up again.

:(

The issue that bazzerfee is seeing with CMBO is unrelated to the CDV CMAK issue.

We have determined that the CMAK issue is isolated to just the CDV versions (possibly related to the Safedisc protection that they use) and will be working with the CDV support team to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Madmatt

Well i have the problem too....we bought 2 games 52 € both and the only reason was to get to play via tcp/ip but NO it wont work....it just crashed us to desktop...and this has been tried with 3 CMAK disks and a serval computers....

Specs.

Comp 1

P4 2,6ghz

1024 DDR

Ati radeon 9600 pro

Seagate 80 gb disk

Comp 2

P4 2,4ghz

512 DDR

Ati Radeon mobility

IBM 20gb hd

Comp 3