Sound suddenly quits

Happens sometimes during a game, and other times while loading the music cuts out. Sometimes it comes back, but often not. This is with the newest patch and playing Nato. Not sure if same happens with other modules.

Have never had this issue until today. :(

• 3 months later...

Are you certain that you have not pressed 'Alt-S' to turn off the sound ? If that isn't the cause, then I'm not sure what would suddenly suppress sound in CMSF. If it had been a sound mod, then I would have assumed that reinstalling the game would have addressed that (if that was a 'clean' install and not just an installation over the previous one).

Do you know what sound chip you have in your computer ? You may want to try updating or simply reinstalling the audio driver to see if this helps. You may want to uninstall the audio driver first and then reinstall/update after that.

I don't know why the sound would remain silent after a clean install of the game. Any registry settings are pretty much for uninstallation and not for settings within the game.

Hi Folks,

Haven't posted for a couple of years but I been reading again recently and thought this might help as I had the same problems when I did a reinstall.

Oddly enough I fixed it by messing around with the graphics settings between my card and CMSF. I think maybe the "high priority process" on CMSF settings perhaps? Or try changing some settings on your graphics card. Sorry to not be more specific but I hope it works for you guys.

Cheers

MiR