LOS with no windows?

Nope, the very start of battle. No fire exchanged at this point.

What happened was I tried the scenario from the German side and one of my squads Quick moving by this structure, seemingly blind to the axis of advance, got shredded . So, I immediately called a cease fire and checked the stats of the American squad inside: six kills. The German squad lost six men. From their position this was these were the first German units encountered in their vicinity, fewer than ten minutes into the battle. Then I reopened as the U.S. in order to check out the structure.

Also, as a side note, it seems to me that units in a building, even with windows, should always get no better than the grey line when targeting. How can 12 men bring full fire to bear out of a couple of windows? It would seem to require gymnastic skills.

This may be an early beta version barn that did not get updated prior to release. If it's a QB Map I need to know the name of the map and the location of the barn. If it's a scen the same info will be needed so the designer can sort it out.

But if it's a post release user made map then it's a bug...Or something else altogether.

Give those GIs some credit -- they bashed out a few loose bricks and mortar with their entrenching tools, grabbed a metal bar and used it as a battering ram, and managed to poke out a few loopholes in the garage wall. At least that's what I imagine happened. And, since this is a game, a little bit of imagination is needed to fully enjoy it. Especially when it comes to buildings, where we already know that things like micro-cover and interior walls are hugely abstracted in CMBN. Besides, would it make tactical sense for an infantry squad to set up in a completely blind position where they can't see any approaching enemy or fire at them? Seems to me they would only be there if they had also managed to make it a bit more defensively useful (the little unseen loopholes, etc.)

Give those GIs some credit -- they bashed out a few loose bricks and mortar with their entrenching tools, grabbed a metal bar and used it as a battering ram, and managed to poke out a few loopholes in the garage wall.

In five minutes? Lol. They had to Move to the place first.

When I fired up the battle as the Amis, , I plotted a movement in the setup phase to the building and checked LOS from the end waypoint: actually, full out to 200m, not 70m.

Maybe it's just a 'barn' thing....

No idea, if it´s a bug or not. "Barns" oftenly are not that tightly built and planks are fastened more in a sloppy manner (to improve ventilation?), so it might be, something like that is abstracted in the game. Restricted view and shooting s/b possible from such barns.

Is CMN building walls assumed to be paper thin, when it comes to spotting and shooting through windows btw.?