Cats Chasing Dogs Objectives

Hello All:

A few questions about the objectives:

1. As the Amis, it states there is a bonus of 240 points. What is this for?

2. I realize that I am not required to exit Mortars and Assault Guns. It says I also don't have to exit the Troop HQ. Not sure which vehicles these are as the Troop HQ has M8s and Jeeps but there are other M8s and Jeeps in the force?

From the Jerrys side:

IIRC it said something like no Amis should be allowed to exit. So does that mean that if one does, the scenario is lost for the German side?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

I found the Objective to be not to get my Ass kicked by JonS in a PBEM game.I have also found that I have not acheived my Objective.I have been totally and ruthlessly destroyed by JonS in my first PBEM game,and I absolutely loved every minute of it.Thanks to JonS for this awesome game.I am now a PBEM Whore.:D

Hello All:

A few questions about the objectives:

1. As the Amis, it states there is a bonus of 240 points. What is this for?

2. I realize that I am not required to exit Mortars and Assault Guns. It says I also don't have to exit the Troop HQ. Not sure which vehicles these are as the Troop HQ has M8s and Jeeps but there are other M8s and Jeeps in the force?

The bonus is because due to the Unit objectives, the German side gets points if the units tagged for exiting can't get through/are destroyed. So it's there to balance things a little.

You can tell the formations easiest by double clicking on one of the units or their icons. If you double click on an ordinary unit, it will select all the units in its platoon. If you double click on a HQ, it will also select all of its subordinate platoons, if any. You can also see the formation a unit belongs to in the interface. You can also click on the names of the formations to get straight to their HQs.

This is all very odd. Not sure I understand this 240 point bonus to the Americans.

I just played as the Germans and (in what turned out to be a turkey shoot) took, what I assume to be, maximum points. Every American vehicle destroyed, 75% of US personnel were casualties and zero German casualties (not so much as scratched paintwork on the ACs).

"Wow", I thought (after the auto-end). Total Victory with over 10 turns to go.

Excepet it wasn't. Only a major victory due to those pesky "bonus" 240 points. Is a Total Victory actually possible with those 240 points? Anyway to stop the Americans getting them?

Well I suppose it must do. Otherwise there'd be no total/major victory/defeat thing at the end. We'd just read the briefing, do the mission and judge for ourselves how we did.

If there is going to be an analysis at the end that we're going to take an interest in it might as well make sense.

I shall'nt lose any sleep over it but yes, in its own small way, it does matter.

;)