New Unit for Scenario Design: Ad-Hoc Riflemen?

Hi all

For scenario designers if you want a non-TO&E unit with submachine guns, you have options - especially for Germans. If you want a unit with a BAR or MG34/42, got that too. But the one thing that I feel like is missing is a non-TO&E unit with just rifles. Currently theres no way to get this - closest is the sniper rifle team.

For a QB unit purchase, you would just buy squads and be done with it - they are much cheaper. But for scenario design, I find that I am always wanting a non-TO&E unit with just rifles. Theres tons of applications for this type of unit: the classic 'cooks, clerks and drivers' being needed, decimated units adding strength to a TO&E unit, any and all post Airborne operations and so on.

It could be say normally a 6 man unit, and then you could skinny it down with the head-count option. Random weapons is already in the game, so the American one could have a random assortment of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines.

I hate to even bring up adding a new unit, especially with BFC deep in the patch, but I feel like such a simple unit would add quite a few options to scenario designers.

Anyways, just food for thought. Other scenario designers, do you feel like you could use a unit like this? If you wanted to put 'cooks, clerks and drivers' into a battle, how would you currently do it?

Thanks in advance

Chad

Hi all

For scenario designers if you want a non-TO&E unit with submachine guns, you have options - especially for Germans. If you want a unit with a BAR or MG34/42, got that too. But the one thing that I feel like is missing is a non-TO&E unit with just rifles. Currently theres no way to get this - closest is the sniper rifle team.

For a QB unit purchase, you would just buy squads and be done with it - they are much cheaper. But for scenario design, I find that I am always wanting a non-TO&E unit with just rifles. Theres tons of applications for this type of unit: the classic 'cooks, clerks and drivers' being needed, decimated units adding strength to a TO&E unit, any and all post Airborne operations and so on.

It could be say normally a 6 man unit, and then you could skinny it down with the head-count option. Random weapons is already in the game, so the American one could have a random assortment of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines.

I hate to even bring up adding a new unit, especially with BFC deep in the patch, but I feel like such a simple unit would add quite a few options to scenario designers.

Anyways, just food for thought. Other scenario designers, do you feel like you could use a unit like this? If you wanted to put 'cooks, clerks and drivers' into a battle, how would you currently do it?

Thanks in advance

Chad

Not a bad idea at all, but considering even the cooks, supply clerks, etc., would need a leader, that leader might likely have a carbine or smg anyway....

Hi all

Thanks in advance

Chad

In a possibly unrelated note: I built some Free French Irregulars using a Wehrmach unit. Some way of mixing and matching weapons in a squad might have helped with that.

I completely agree with this suggestion. It's a good quick fix but ideally designers need more control over the choice of unit equipment in the editor.

I am building a scenario with a decimated German company and nearly every squad has an MG34 or 42 (can't remember which). This is somewhat undesirable.

All I really wanted was rifles and SMGs.