Unit point values not displayed in scenario editor?

Is there any reason why this is so? I can see if you were creating a historical scenario that the point values might not be needed, but I'm sure most scenarios will not be 'historical'. Having the point values displayed would greatly assist in creating a scenario that is balanced. Without them, the scenario creator is forced to guess.

I just created a meeting engagement scenario and to see that the forces were roughly balanced I used the Quick Battle generator to purchase the troops and compare the point values, wrote down what I had purchased and then went into the scenario editor and purchased the units. This is very cumbersome and will not be exact due to the variable quality of the units in the formation.

Can this be changed in a patch?

Maybe it's a to do list that womble has exclusive access to :)

I think it would be great to see an actual To Do List from Battlefront put up as a sticky to let us players know what is being worked on. That way we don't have to waste our time creating posts about needed features that they are already working on.

I think it would be great to see an actual To Do List from Battlefront put up as a sticky to let us players know what is being worked on. That way we don't have to waste our time creating posts about needed features that they are already working on.

There's a reason very few game companies will do that. It's because no matter how many "THIS LIST IS TENTATIVE AND NOT FINAL" disclaimers you slap all over the place, the moment a feature on the To Do list is dropped for whatever reason, all hell breaks loose on the forums. And it isn't worth the hassle from their end.

Maybe it's a to do list that womble has exclusive access to :)

Will never happen, for one basic reason. So they have a list of things they want to fix or try to modify in the game. so away they go, you dont really think thay manage to solve them in order do you. they might come down the list and find one they cannot figure how to change the coding to work, so they stop , leave it as it is and move onto the next challenge. Or maybe cannot even figure a way for it to work in the present coding, thus never to be seen in the game. can you hear the cries and the demands from the gamers once they find that item so important to them being bypassed or to find out it will never be in the game.

Battlefront already takes too much heat as it is trying to bring the product that is everything to everyone, they sure are not going to give out information that would create some angery mop mentality.

So, when womble talks about a To Do List, is he just talking out of his rear end? Womble, you mentioned the list, if you could point me to it I would be grateful.

Back to the original topic of the post. I am very curious as to what the discussion was when the game was being created that lead to the decision not to include unit point values in the scenario editor. Was the editor created as a project by one of the programmers who didn't see the importance of including point values in the program? That's kind of how it looks to me; one person can get a kind of tunnel vision and lose sight of things that are important if he doesn't have input from an adequate number of testers.

So, when womble talks about a To Do List, is he just talking out of his rear end? Womble, you mentioned the list, if you could point me to it I would be grateful.

Use your brain to connect two posts and you'll know where the "To Do" list is. It's in BFC's office somewhere. Possibly on the back of a collection of envelopes and beer mats. Possibly in a SOTA code versioning and planning system. I've never seen it, certainly don't expect ever to see it, but I do know that you don't continue the development cycle for very long on a piece of code like CM without a plan of what you're going to do. And as generally accepted in common usage of the english language "I'm pretty sure" was referring to a recollection, a memory that's got at least a chance of being vague or mistaken. You can use the search function too, if you care to dig out where it's been brought up before. Maybe then you'll be able to see what Steve said about it for yourself.