Brute Force Improvement

I took some time off from my mod to give me time to think about new ideas. Wanted some suggestions. I was thinking of the following.

#1 In Asia due to the 2x movement cost supply is difficult. While in some places like Burma its expected but I noticed the supply problems in China for both sides. I was going to add roads just for this.

#2 Was thinking about adding more decision events around large naval construction projects. Make it easier on players to build out a navy over time and add some flavor to the game. Plan in Z-plan or maybe 2 or 3 different versions of it for example. That way players can simply say yes and it auto deducts over time or say no and manually do it.

Yeah, I hear you about supply. One of the last games I played had a Jap HQ in some little town in Burma which I had completely surrounded with British(Indian) and Chinese units along with a couple of HQs in support.

Turn after turn you could only get a couple of attacking units with supply at 5 because of the terrain AP cost of 3, tropical mountains. Air was largely ineffective as it rained all the time. Attack after attack would only yield a couple of strength hits to the Jap HQ while all my units took triple the amount of damage with the growing experience level of the enemy HQ and he could fully reinforce every time. You can't even bomb the supply level down with the rain and the HQ replacement status, an impregnable position.:mad:

Somethings wrong!:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

With all the bugs being fixed and more time I have improved Brute Force. I should be uploading it soon. Afterwards I will be making a 1942 scenario, maybe more.

Some improvements

AI (as always)

Surprise attack for effects for 1941 Barbarosa

Corrected Weak German AI

Roads added to many parts of the map

Germany/Japan/China increased production to balance late war

10% more units per country

Couple more cities/towns

Change of some terrain

Japanese Supply in China improved

Better offensives for USA, UK, and USSR AI (based on Huberts improvements)

Germany :Nazi Zombie Troopers (1AP but 10 soft attack and defense -sweet-)

Germany: The Red Skull Base - Auto advance any unit's experience +1 per turn

USA: Captain America unit with 50 range and 10 strategic attack value.

USA: The Howard Stark Research Center - Auto advance any weapons tech +1 every 3m -anti-grav tanks here we go-

Played Brute Force for the first time yesterday. Amazing map.

Some small issues, playing on +0.5xp for AI:

Shouldn't the AI keep a garrison or something in Chunking at all times? Is there a way to force it? I seized it with paratroopers and forced an easy Chinese surrender.

Not sure about the Soviet AI/setup. Attacked with Japan and Germany on a clear turn in April 1941. Had a couple mud turns following. Was two squares from Moscow by the end of June 1941. Took Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad by first snowfall. Pretty much game over at that point.

Tried a 1940 attack on Soviets. Held the west wall against France and focused army north of the Pripyat. Took Leningrad and Moscow by late summer 1940.

Otherwise enjoyed it. Going to try as allies, and I kinda hope the AI goes for Sealion. I think it would be fun.

The chinese should have 2 capitals and it should keep a garrison there, Ill have to check. Ill check. As for the weak AI hopefully my fixes will improve it. Thats for trying out those 2 situations. Its very tough to make solid AI and I dont like cheating for it.

I made some provisions for the USSR. And you gave me something to script incase you go after USSR in 1940 :) Allies attack you !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...