Establishing C2 contact

C2 contact can only be done if the unit is stopped, correct? Also, what happens if the radio man is killed or wounded, does someone else throw on that pack?

I was wondering, since I'm finally getting used to a more realistic combat model where if one guy dies, the entire squad doesn't immediately reform with all the best weapons, and a tank driver getting killed and two seconds later, poof you have a new driver.

However my question is really about C2 coordination, the hq unit needs to stop and call in, is that correct? Also, does anyone know what the delay is before C2 contact is made with the higher ups?

Also, tanks do not need to stop to maintain C2, correct?

Anyway, any help here is appreciated.

In my last game my squad's radio operator was killed. To make it a huge problem he had ordered 120mm Mortar barrage. Spotting round and ALL other rounds fell over my troops and I couldn't cancel the order. Company HQ sit there with a radio and cursed c2. :D