OK, I give, How do you mod new uniforms on pixeltruppen?

I learned Paint Shop Pro through trial and error on other games, but those were mostly boardgames and I was making counters and maps. But I just don't know how you go about adding "cloth" to the uniforms in CM:BN. It's not like skinning aircraft for IL2 Sturmovik...or is it? That I can do. What has me stumped is how to get the highlights and shadows in the creases and folds. I want to make more camo for the Germans, and have the camo templates matching the uniform shapes, etc., but there my knowledge ends. There must be a way of using masks/alpha channels or some technique to capture the those highlights/shadows and put them on the camo, short of lightening/darkening the underlying colors (a real bee-atch with camo) free hand where I think the folds/creases should be,that I'm missing?

Is there a tutorial sopecifically directed to making unifiorms/clothing for games that I haven't been able to find on the net?

Any and all help would be very apopreciated.

My suggestion is to download all uniform mods and rez-explode the game .brz and study the art. CM:BN and CMSF both even if you don't own CMSF, just to look at the art. Also remember there's no such thing as 'cheating'. If you can 'borrow' pieces of clothing off of army surplus clothing websites then that's just as good as drawing it. In CMSF Repository I have a plaid shirt civilian 'spy' uniform that's almost entirely lifted from the L.L.Bean online store catalog. :)

SpyPackShot.jpg