New file at the Repository: Operation Eisenbahn (2011-06-22)

12th SS Panzer "Hitlerjugend" division task is to assault US sector. Kampfgruppe Krause (reinforced company) has to cross small stream, recon in force and seize (touch) several objectives on road to Caen-Argentan railroad. Prepare yourself for bocage fighting, narrow sunken Normandy-roads, poor intel and intense fighting.

More...

De Savage,

I played your first iteration of this scenarios as Axis (I'm not even certain there was an Allied AI Plan), and I really, really like the map! I have even expanded it a little on the North (?) end (the Allied side, I forget whether it's N or S) so I could set up a follow-up scenario where the Axis have grabbed the farms/villas at that end and the Allies are counterattacking all the way back to the village the Axis were holding at the the other end of the map.

Can't wait to try out this final version this weekend.

Thanks. :)

Actually I had that defending scenario in mind. I'm currently making part 2 for this scenario. This time German forces will delay attacking US forces. I might do mini campaign, so you can have your survived forces in second part.

But meanwhile there's 1.0 version and 1.1 will be updated to repository soon.

If you can't wait, here's direct link to 1.1. version:

http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/Operation%20Eisenbahn.btt

Version info: removed AT guns as reinforcements, added some forces to US - should be more challenging now. Plus some minor modifications.

Hey De Savage, on my planned "replay" map alterations, last night using the last "Save Game" I went so far as to make every blown hole in hedgreows, craters from Arty fire, blasted tanks, etc., from the first game. I've thought about doing that for a while, and finally decided this was the map and scenario to do that. I plan to keep adding damage to the map and end up over time having a see-saw battles over much-blasted ground.