US rockets underpriced?

But there is a LOT of reason to pick 2 60 mm mortars over all that 10 tons or whatever of ordinance. But yeah still 85 Points or whatever does seem pretty dang cheap. But that might be so people use them. you cant really shoot at anything in the area of the barrage for a long @$$ time.

You didn't buy enough. (Seriously). Try a QB with 1 FO, 1 tank, and the rest rockets. Maybe 10-15 missions. Call in 80% of the mission as a preliminary bombardment on turn 1, targeting the back 1/3 of the board, overlapping. See what happens then.

I called a 'heavy' 'maximum' on my own company (they had reasonably ok cover, a few hedges, all of them moving on 'quick' through the barrage area at the time) and took about half a dozen casualties, it was really quite pathetic - a well-used light-mortar could easily have trumped the rockets. The concentration of fire was, in my view, entirely inadequate for tactical use. I see why they're cheap, no beef with that at all TBH. If your idea of fun is blindly blanketing the map in random rocket-strikes, I'd advise you to do that, if that floats your boat then good for you.

Buy the 6 xylophone rocket batteries you can get with standard rarity on a medium QB ME map. Then setup a turn 1 barrage with overlapping areas on top of the setup zone. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks!

(You can also buy a company of inf + 4 tanks!)

I'm going to have to do a test with this ... unless someone wants to beat me to it, which is fine by me since I want to get to sleep now hehe:

"medium" battle, work out what you can buy with rockets + 1 FO and then what you can buy with standard artillery + 1 FO vs a company of infantry in medium cover, run the test twice, once with rockets, the other with standard stuff. That should give a good idea of the balance between them, keeping in mind the different uses, so the scenario should represent a mix of "blast that side of the map" with "blast that section of bocage" to get an even result.

Although they look devastating I found them to be much less effective than they looked (and considering I saw the entire map almost explode about 4 times over I was a little disappointed).