Question on Splitting into Teams

Hello All:

I have a quick question regarding splitting up a squad into teams. Does anyone know if a team has a harder time making morale checks under fire than a full squad? To put it another way, is it easier to cause a team to get pinned or panic?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello All:

I have a quick question regarding splitting up a squad into teams. Does anyone know if a team has a harder time making morale checks under fire than a full squad? To put it another way, is it easier to cause a team to get pinned or panic?

My feeling is that it actually makes your troops more resilient, since only a team at a time is getting suppressed/rattled/etc. Now, it might be that I changed from squad-based working to team-based at the same point I learned something important that made me a better shepherd of my dogfaces, since this gut feeling is hardly supported by exhaustive testing.

That said, however, I find it easier to handle the infantry in task-specific teams rather than as squads. I waste less bazooka rockets and rifle grenades that way.

Hello All:

I'm not sure about morale effects but I do know that if you split the squad into teams you can no longer use the assault move command. It is my favourite move command.

Having said that I do still split of scout teams once and a while and quite often I split off the bazooka team so the don't get chewed up when assaulting an infantry position.

The reason the Assault command doesn't work is because each team in the squad takes turns "Quick"-ing to the waypoint.

Back in the CMBO days, teams were more likely thank squads to fail morale checks, but I don't know if or how much that's true of CMBN.

I have an additional question for this topice : do you know how to regroup teams into squads ?

I have not found an option to do that.

it isn't a unit command, you need to just move them to the same action spot and given a short time (not sure exactly how short or if there are contributing factors like state of the unit) they will merge again.

If you play as German, remember that the whole point of your squad tactics would have been is to support those fantastic MGs. Harder to do if everybody's clumped into a single dense unit. Split the squad and you can maneuver the MG aggressively on the flanks once you fix the enemy with the other teams.

As I understand it, the Allies did it the other way around -- the MGs and support weapons provided the base of fire for the other teams to assault, and flank.