Ahhh! There is fighting going on and I only sent scout teams!

I must have forgotten to put a cover arc on him. Oh no better see whats up. Oh wait they are bangin away with their garands on some flanked guys lets wait a sec. Dang they are murdering them all! They shoot and reload so fast and have such big accurate rounds! After one of the enemy surrenders i move to avoid hitting the POW and expose myself to a flanking panzerchrek team behind a hedgerow. Oh no better run...exposed to at least 2 teams... but garands man maybe ill just shoot em. Yeah! go boys! Whoopen ass! And then my tank comes up and we finish up the rest of em. BoyaaH! America! lol yeah i just started the road to montegue campaign or what have you and am like 10 minutes into the second lvl and liking it ALOT so far. oh and cats chasing dogs was sooo much fun as both sides.

Anybody else use their 2 mg us halftracks in reverse to get both guns pointing forward? Too gamey?

Glad to see you are enjoying the game so much. That's what its all about. :)

As to HT's, if that's your play style, who is to criticize you. I don't use them that way but I'm an old historical fogey and basically use them for transport and then hide them, much like they did during the war - although the Germans apparently did use their recon h/t's more aggressively and I would use those 20mm h/t's that way if I played German.

If you were to play against another human, you might want to get agreement on such things beforehand, though.

In my defense wouldn't the half tracks have had an extra mg pointing forward anyway? And I only did it at the end of the scenario to crush a defeated enemy before running out of time and it was just short reverses into shooty spots. But yeah I been having a blast with this game, loving some of the kits and all the refinement. and infantry guns and towed guns:D

In my defense wouldn't the half tracks have had an extra mg pointing forward anyway? And I only did it at the end of the scenario to crush a defeated enemy before running out of time and it was just short reverses into shooty spots. But yeah I been having a blast with this game, loving some of the kits and all the refinement. and infantry guns and towed guns:D

Don't need to defend yourself, like I said. Regarding US halftracks, the dedicated infantry carrier (M3A1) had the .50 in a pulpit over the front passenger seat. Any other guns mounted would have been on fixed pintles, either in the center of the troop compartment or affixed to the side armor or rear of the HT. They tried to cover 360 degrees as opposed to providing a lot of forward firepower. H/T variants like the M2 or M3 would not have the pulpit, but MG layout would have otherwise be similar.

ht_08.jpg

half04.jpg

Those half track pictures are awesome, thanks! If they were all loaded up with ger like that in game I might not be so inclined to fight with them. As it is once you got the squad out but put two gunners back in it looks like a pretty lean mean fighting machine. seems better than those silly frame with no shell MG vehicles we get in CMSF. But then again my problem trying to use those things were always MGs not carbines anyway so I guess if I actually had these "sweet pieces of kit" in shock force id be like maybe those shell less frames werent that bad. But is it just me or are the mounted machine guns on these half tracks better than they were on those guys? O and im not seeing a second forward gun on those so i guess its not as normal as I imagined. But Id want my MGs facing forward.... when you gotta mg some dudes behind you it seems your already likely doing some stuff wrong. but then again if they are there you would definitely want an mg pointing that way.