250/3 vs. 250/1 radio difference & bonuses..

Since both vehicles have radios, do you get a benefit of a "stronger" or more "stable" radio platform in the 250/3 vs. 250/1? It's important, since I've been purchasing the 250/3 or 251/3 with the intent of throwing HQ units in those vehicles in a hope that the radios perform better than the stock radios in the 250/1 & 251/1..

Does anything know if a bonus is applied here and if so, what is that bonus? Do radios have a strength "variance" or "clarity" variance? for calling in support, does that variance play into that support call? That is, the stronger, clearer signal somehow gets better results?

For example, a wireless radio on a platoon hq vs. the "field radio" on the 250/3, do you get better results with command and control.

I'm very interested in the mechanics of the game around radios, and the manual I don't think does it much justice with respect to explaining exactly how they are modeled.

BTW, i just learned Rommel's favorite field vehicle was the 250/3 ... never knew that..

Since both vehicles have radios, do you get a benefit of a "stronger" or more "stable" radio platform in the 250/3 vs. 250/1? It's important, since I've been purchasing the 250/3 or 251/3 with the intent of throwing HQ units in those vehicles in a hope that the radios perform better than the stock radios in the 250/1 & 251/1..

Does anything know if a bonus is applied here and if so, what is that bonus? Do radios have a strength "variance" or "clarity" variance? for calling in support, does that variance play into that support call? That is, the stronger, clearer signal somehow gets better results?

For example, a wireless radio on a platoon hq vs. the "field radio" on the 250/3, do you get better results with command and control.

I'm very interested in the mechanics of the game around radios, and the manual I don't think does it much justice with respect to explaining exactly how they are modeled.

BTW, i just learned Rommel's favorite field vehicle was the 250/3 ... never knew that..

For comms purposes, there is no practical difference between the two.

Akd??? Really?

Steve goes to great length in the manual to explain the "flakiness" of different radios, hand held vs. Others..I would imagine these variances would be modeled somehow..

Maybe Steve can chime in here...

The manual is just giving a general description of the state of comms at the time (i.e. not what it is today or what is often portrayed in movies).

Radio comms is pretty much just a binary condition in the game: either you have it or you don't. Only real difference I can think of is that some vehicles can maintain comms on the move, but foot units have to re-establish comms after moving.

Frankly, although I would love to see a more complex radio/wire comms simulation, considering the general reaction to the current levels of complexity in comms, heads would probably explode if SCR-536s stopped working in woods, or if incompatible frequencies were modeled, etc.