Edito questions

Hi

I am playing around with the editor and so far I have encountered a couple of odd things.

1. What tiles do you need to use for making a T-junction that is diagonal oriented? Seems I cannot make a junction with 90 degrees angle.

2 Why do the icons of the independent building don't show the number of floors or why weren't they put in a alphanumeric order?

icon 1 : small house, square, 1 floor

icon 2 : small house, long , 1 floor

icon 3 : big house, square, 1 floor

icon 4 : big house long , 1 floor

icon 5 : small house, square, 2 floors

icon 6 : small house, long , 2 floors

icon 7 : big house, square, 2 floors

icon 8 : big house long, 2 floors

etc for icon 9, 10, 11...

Now it's always guessing how many floors the building has.

3. More technical question. Is it possible to run at least the editor in Windows mode.?

With a program that makes windows transparernt you could then make a layover for topo maps or aerial pictures .

4. What's the best way to make smooth slopes instead of a step piramyd. Using more contour lines.. or less?

Thanks,

Hi

4. What's the best way to make smooth slopes instead of a step piramyd. Using more contour lines.. or less?

This is the only one I can answer, since elevation is the only thing I've mastered so far. Use more contour lines (say, every 5 meters of elevation) but "dot" them only to coax the terrain into the shape and heights you need -- the engine will calculate most of the slopes for you. Solid contour lines are unnecessary and only slow down the game.