sun is one hour late

i found out that sunrise in cmbn is one hour late. sunrise in bayeux on 6th of june 1944 was 4:59

http://calendar.zoznam.sk/sunset-de.php?hy=1944&latitude=49.2773&longitude=-0.7039&city=&zenith=90.833333333333&timezone=00a0&submittype=user&firsttime=no

in game sunrise is at 6:06

i guess bf used daylight saving time instead of gmt.

maybe scenario designers should consider this

Ah no, where you go wrong is in relying on GMT, which is not historical. In 1944 the Allies used Double Daylight Saving Time, which is GMT+2. Germans used Central European Time, which, with Daylight Saving Time, is also GMT+2. See below the sunrise table for Omaha Beach:

Ot3z6.png

ok i see my FAIL

but there is still some time zone mix up:

today in bayeux sunrise (local time: gmt +1) was at 5:59

http://www.know-weather.com/France/weather.asp?CityName=FRXX0010

this would be right ingame if cmbn uses gmt+1 (ingame sunrise 6:05)

in your chart sunrise is at 5:58 (but it states that it uses gmt+2)

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/omaha_beach_east_b_1944.jpg

this would be 6:58 gmt+1

so there are several explanations:

1. the sun in northern france rises one hour later 66 years after the invasion

2. sunrise back then and today means something different

3. the chart mixed up timezones

why is this important for me:

i'm trying to recreate an omaha beach landing scenario and at 6:30 game time when the first landings begun it is pitch-dark (with overcast setting) and the attackers are able to reach the embarkment without any significant losses because of the limited spotting abilities of the german defenders. For my opinion it is a bit to dark but i was not there in 1944 so i cannot say if it is realistic or not.

ok i see my FAIL

but there is still some time zone mix up:

today in bayeux sunrise (local time: gmt +1) was at 5:59

There's the cause of the mixup: France used to be GMT, but Germans made the occupied areas follow CET, and after the war the French didn't revert. So now the local time in France is normally GMT+1, except in summer time when it's GMT+2. Just like in WW2, and in game.

The reason why it's so dark in your scenario is probably because of the overcast setting: this depicts very thick cloud cover, the kind which would prohibit flying. Maybe you should go with clear weather instead?