other icon for surrendering troops

Surrendering troops will show their normal icon before getting white flagged and removed.

If you don't look at the model or can't see it (because its in a house for instance) I have been more than once targetting those. It would be nice if those would have different icons for example the same icon but with a white instead of black ring.

This would help to preserve precious ammunition...uh, oh... "abide to the Geneva convention" I meant to say.

;)

Its OK. You can target troops trying to surrender, but your pixeltruppen will not actually fire. So the worst that can happen is that your miss the opportunity to fire at a hostile target. That said, I like the idea of a white background for the icon.

I wonder if the behaviour of not firing on surrendering troops will apply to SS units.

There are ways of getting a look at units to see if any of them have their hands up. Simply moving the camera close up works, even in a house as long as you have one of your units with an LOS to them. This is of course time-consuming and you might not want to do it if playing RT.

Michael

Its OK. You can target troops trying to surrender, but your pixeltruppen will not actually fire.

My guys gunned down a handful of prisoners - some flanked Germans who found themselves in enfilade surrendered, but there were still hostile teams directly behind them and they got gunned-down in the crossfire.

And yeah, the icon should change, or even disappear, or something... this has confused me more than once.