Scout and Medals

Great game I love it. But I think it would be great if our units were given medals for action that you can see next to their names like it use to be in close combat. That be also nice to be able to reorg your unit yourself after a battle for example mixing two half squad into one etc.

I also have a question. Is it possible to order your scout not to shoot at the ennemi unless shoot at first or the only way to recce is a advance until contact kind of recce? tk

You can give them a short target arc. If you select the target arc and hold down shift, you will get a 360º arc. Setting it to about 30 meters distance works nicely. Note, though, that inexperienced units may occasionally ignore your target arcs if they think they have a juicy target.

Second question first. You can stop (or reduce) the scout from shooting by imposing a tight cover arc to him. Theoretically he'll only shoot at what's inside the arc. One scenario in particular I've got a spotter that loves to shoot at a distant 88 emplacement with his Garand. A bad idea. :)

First question. I recall BFC guys saying they'd love to award medals for valor in the game, themselves. But they've got a very long 'wish list' to work through and this might not be one of the ones at the top.

To make the medals system realistic, the closer your guy is to a higher headquarters, the better the chance they get an award.

Of course, if he's in Battalion or higher headquarters, after they action he writes his own citation, regardless of what happened... ;-)

Really, I think it would be a fun idea, but I know it's got to be pretty low on the priority list, if it's even on there. To keep the "serious" players happy, BF would have to make it an option you could turn on or off, I imagine.