C2 -- sorry to be a noob..

I've got just one more noob issue that isn't related to C2, probably it's just a game mechanic thing.

Sometimes when I have my troops "move out" en masse, if they have to go through a choke point some of them will choose a completely different path than the one I've selected for them. (I note that vehicles will use a small pause to wait for their way to clear, but it seems foot soldiers don't do this.) Several times this has been disastrous. Is this a path-finding bug that will be fixed at some point, or is this intended behavior that I need to plan to work around forever?

If I were you I'd plan on working round it forever, bunching your troops up is never a good idea regardless of the game mechanics. The pause command is your friend in these situations.

True, but in my defense, I never have them do this until I know it's safe. My scout force has found a new area for me to stow my reserves, and when I send them there, that's when some of them go wandering off into oblivion. It's just going to take me remembering to add the pause to solve it so it's no biggie.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out here. I don't feel like such a noob anymore!