Reduced Shimmer Terrain Mod

I'm using it. After some swapping and switching I have chosen yours in preference to Flesh's & Vein's (both of which are very nice). Yours does just what is needed - takes away the overly bright ground/roads but leaves the richness of the colours. An excellent and much needed mod. Thank you very much for doing it.

Thanks! Glad you like it. I've tweaked a few more of the textures to further reduce some shimmer (Cliff, Marsh), but hadn't really planned to re-upload a newer version. However I also found a way to reduce the moire pattern in the plowed fields by cropping the BMP, except this separates the plowed rows unnaturally. Not sure if this is worth replacing the 1.0 mod, but here are a few pics:

Original Terrain

Reduced Shimmer 1.0

Reduced Shimmer 1.2

- Chris

I cleaned up a few mini textures last night so they blend a bit better when transitioning over to the larger BMP as you scroll across the map, and added a few new ones in for pavement tiles. The final version should be ready this weekend.

- Chris