Shadows or better models ... what does the community choose?

In the CMBN screen shot thread I posted a couple of pics (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1275354&postcount=206) from a recent tiny QB I started. I noticed the other screen shots surrounding and was struck by the difference between having shadows turned off (mine) vs. on (the screen shots Jose posted right under mine). My model/texture quality seems higher and therefore nicer at first glance, but then I am impressed with how much shadows add to the gameplay with the lower quality models/textures (jaggies evident).

Given that shadows have a significant impact on my frame rates (iMac 27" i3 4GB RAM and mobile 5670 512MB video) I'm going to experiment with shadows on again and lower my model quality ... but wonder what other users are generally doing.

So, community, assuming that you have a decent rig to play the game on, how many of you have chosen lower 3D quality for shadows on? Or how many play with shadows off to enhance visual model/texture quality?

Call me "Curious in Waterloo".