AI armour seems to play like the Japanese - kamikaze style

For the second time I found that instead of retreating and looking for an alternative route when a platoon of armour comes under deadly fire, the AI seems not satisfied until every last element of the platoon goes to the same spot to get eliminated. It isn't until the next platoon comes along that someone in command seems to realise that another route is appropriate. I have seen this behaviour now as both Germans and Americans.

Guys it is the AI! What do you expect? I know of no AI in any game that is even close to perfect. The AI is OK in the defense for maybe intermediate players (assuming the scenario designer scripts it very well) at the best. Offense not going to happen.

Play an MP game you will never go back to "AI bashing" :)

Actually I was impressed the other day when I played a huge map with a battalion sized force per side. I learned two lessons on that map.

1. The AI WILL use feints or small probes on one side of the map while throwing its bulk somewhere else.

2. The AI loves lots of armour if allowed.

The other thing I re-discovered is that as mentioned by Steve in a thread regarding accuracy of armour the Germans really do have an edge once engagments run out to over 1,000 meters. I lost 1 Tiger (had 1 Tiger and 4 panthers/late to start and picked infantry heavy) to I don't know how many Shermans. 1 panther had 13 kills alone though. I also had 2 88's and 2 pak43's? and while the 88's got picked off right off the bat (they are kinda hard to hide) the pak's has a field day as well. AI never did seem to find them as it was all sorts of distracted by my armour. Very loopsided battle but fun and a good learning experience. :)

Also the AI spread its armour out pretty well it seemed. No bunching up for me. They just were outclassed at range is all.