How to destroy vehicle barricades?

On the third mission of the Canadian Forces campaign, one of my objectives is to destroy several barricades made up of wrecked vehicles. I dont appear to have any demolition explosives and I can't seem to get my LAVs or Tanks to shoot at them because as soon as I give them the order to directly target a barricade they would say "Hold Fire" and do nothing. I can get them to target the empty ground behind the barricade and that sometimes gets them to hit some of the wrecked vehicles. But even then, these wrecked vehicles seem totally indestructable and shooting at them indirectly does nothing. I call down mortars on them and even that does nothing.

Ah, but then how do I make sure they're not rigged with IEDs? Do I have to clear any buildings around it to take out any tiggerman within line of sight?

Yes you have to clear the surrounding area THOROUGHLY (!) the IED's, as you have no doubt found out are huge, enough to blow a Leopard sky high.

I like the smoke option, not so gamey for me, I like to think of it as some concealment for the troops who sweep the area to ensure it is clear.

• 6 months later...