Getting Troops To Nade Houses

Anyone having a hard time doing this?

I plant a waypoint outside the house with a 15 second pause and fire order into the house. My guys shoot their rifles into the house but I have yet to see them frag it. Yes, they have frags. I have tried this several times.

Anyone having a hard time doing this?

I plant a waypoint outside the house with a 15 second pause and fire order into the house. My guys shoot their rifles into the house but I have yet to see them frag it. Yes, they have frags. I have tried this several times.

Try a longer pause. It takes them more time to get out the nades.

Try a longer pause. It takes them more time to get out the nades.

That may be true but it kinda goes against my tactic of clearing houses. Two teams putting down covering fire into the house while the third team "quicks" up and drops a few nades before storming the house.

It worked in CMSF, it worked IRL (yes they did this in WWII) so I would like it to work here.

It's the opposite of CMSF where nades went flying at all times and alot of them too. Now the AI seems very reluctant to use them. Even in the bocage terrain when clearing foxholes and narrow hedges the TacAI seems a lot more confident saturating the area with small arms instead of hand grenades.

Don't get me started on house clearing in CMBN, turn based wait times are not long enough for them to throw any meaningful amount of nades (and they'll have burned through a lot of MP40 or Thompson clips in the meantime firing a the floor).

That may be true but it kinda goes against my tactic of clearing houses. Two teams putting down covering fire into the house while the third team "quicks" up and drops a few nades before storming the house.

It worked in CMSF, it worked IRL (yes they did this in WWII) so I would like it to work here.

I think the problem in your example is the "Quick" command.

Try giving the 3rd squadboth the assault command and the area fire order on the same house.

Remember also to stop other squads doing area fire when the 3rd unit will storm the house to avoid friendly fire.

Okay, I'll give it a quick check later today.

Edited to add: what follows is what I've learned to do in CMSF and the early builds in CMBN. Outside covering units use TARGET LIGHT on the structure. The assaulting element (squad or team) QUICKS to the stack location. They PAUSE for ~15 seconds with a TARGET (or TARGET LIGHT) into the structure. They QUICK into the structure with a TARGET ARC set to 360 degrees and a range about 10m greater than the size of the structure at that waypoint.

That's how I will test grenade use. Are you doing something different?

Parenthetical note: (I _think_ the most grenade the AI will use for an area target is 1/2 the grenade loadout. That has been my experience. If you're only using a team to go into the house, how many grenades do they start with? How many do they use?)

Ken

Don't know if this helps, but I saw one of my split teams "slow" crawl up to a low hedge where there was known enemy, my team had a "target" order to the other side of the hedge, and after a turn or two of firing, they lobbed grenades over the hedge. Maybe it could also be a range issue? The distance between my team and the enemy was very small.