New file at the Repository: 76mm PaK36(r) no camou (2011-05-21)

Nice job Mike, thank you!

One question; are you planning to release the "heavy" panzers in this wonderful 'factory metal' paint-job of yours? I was thinking it'd be perfect for using that as a base to start adding my own camo and unit emblems. I heard that some of the PzKfwVI Mk1 Tigers went straight from the factory into battle with no real extra camo (or zimmerit) other than that authentic sandy coloured paint of yours, so it'd be absolutely *perfect* if you would "release the panzers" please? :) That gorgeous Tiger 1 they have at Bovington tank museum is just like that, isn't it?

That Bovington Tiger actually is an Ausf. H and saw action in Africa. In CMBN we have Ausf. E Tigers. :D

It is VERY likely, though, that most vehicles wen to the front in plain yellow, to be camouflaged by their crews as circumstacnes dictated. That even was the official oderr and is the reason why we're seeing so many different camouflage patterns duing '43 and '44.

Thank you my dear fellow, I know. :) I was only referring to the paint-job and Mike's superb texture work, that's all. Of course, that isn't going stop me from working on my CM: DAK mod with desert-weathered vehicles and uniforms (as historically correct as I can make them, given the game engine limitations). If my Afrika Korps mod isn't historically correct enough because my Tigers are unfortunately forced to be Ausf. E's instead of H's, then (if I decide to publicly release it for anyone interested) I suggest you don't download it old chap! :)

are you planning to release the "heavy" panzers in...

A funny story there.

Just days after submitting the final piece of art to BFC I somehow manages to inadvertantly delete all of my worker art off my hard drive! Gigs and gigs of layered files gone-baby-gone. And only about half of it backed up. There's still some armor I have on CD to convert to plain yellow. The PzIVs. I might possibly be able to scrounge one of the tigers too.. Maybe. :)

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that mate! Funny enough, I did a similar thing a couple of months ago fitting a new HDD. Without thinking I got my drive letters mixed-up (probably because my dual-boot XP/Win7 has the drives lettered differently), thinking that I was deleting the partitions of one drive when they were actually on a different physical one. After I almost had a heart attack and eventually calmed down, I managed to undelete pretty much everything. 500 gigs of rare albums, family photo's and song's I'd written going back over 15 years... Although a minority of the filenames were scrambled (probably because I chose the wrong setting in the program as I was in a hurry before fragmentation set in!), at least I saved irreplaceable data. This free prog worked for me: http://www.piriform.com/recuva. Good luck and hope you get those Tigers back!