I enjoy the game. So much fun ... except ... AI speed.

Is there a chance, the hope, that in an upcoming patch, the AI rate during the AI phases will be further improved ?

The game is great fun. But 10 minutes (sometimes more) waiting time for the end of the AI turn ​​- Oh man! :(

Hi Templer

Great to see you're loving the game, and as to the AI speed, there are a few settings in the Options screen that you may want to try out:

Untick the Show Moves/Combat option, and tick the Quick Logic one which is further to the right. You could also untick the Messages (AI turn) box.

This should hopefully make for noticeably faster turns.

Bill

• 8 months later...

Hi Templer!

The biggest reason is the size of the map for WWI and the ratio of land tiles versus sea tiles for the WWI map in comparison to how many land tiles there are for the Global map.

The Global map is 256x64 tiles which equals 16384 tiles in total.

The WWI map is 384x102 tiles which equals 39168 tiles in total.

As you can see the WWI map has more than 2X the number of tiles and if you do a visual comparison it has many more land tiles in general and the AI distance and pathfinding calculations over such a large land mass can be more expensive and require more computational time/effort.

Also the WWI map starts with many more units on actionable fronts and that will take more time as each unit is checked for attack/defense or reorganization and so on, i.e. each unit has something to do and this takes time in general.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I recommend reading a book, do exercises, or do chores while you wait. My problem is that while playing either 1914 or 1917 scenarios the AI turn increases slightly the longer the game continues until my computer just seems to freeze after about 2-3 years of game play...that's frustrating since the computer is working, but the game has seized it up. Sometimes it'll complete the AI turn after about 20-30 min, but I guess I need to get the latest gaming computer to fix this, but those are expensive. Until then I have just been filling in the wait with other activities.

PP

AI turn 20-30 min?

It does not take as long as this with me. I also believe in the long run I would not have the patience for it.

You'll be surprised at how much shorter the AI turn will come with a new current computer.

But for the Strategic Command series you do not need a high-end PC.