How do I apply patches

Recently I got a new computer but when I try to apply the patches they dont register on the info screen. I.e It shows ver 1.0

I have the CDV version.

I remember that it was always a struggle but now I`m completely at a loss.

I need to patch to 1.3 so I can use the recent scenarios.

Please would somebody give me an idiots step by step guide.

Thankyou.

The CDV version does use DIFFERENT patches than the Battlefront/Internet version. Which particular game is this CMAK (Combat Mission 3) or CMBB (Combat Mission 2) ?

For CMAK/Combat Mission 3 you can apply patch 1.03 no matter which version you have and everything will be up-to-date. For CMBB/Combat Mission 2 this IS NOT the case. You need to apply ALL of the patches SEQUENTIALLY, i.e. - 1.01, then 1.02 and finally 1.03.

The CMAK 1.03 patch for CDV is available here. For CMBB you can download the CDV patches from here (the three at the bottom).

I'm not absolutely familiar with the CDV patches, but you need to make sure that you're pointing at the correct directory for the installation (assuming that it overwrites your current files). One possibility is that the files aren't getting overwritten and instead they're being copied to a subdirectory that will require you to move the files manually to the correct directories.