Panther too small or Cdr too big.

I noticed that the computer graphical representation of the tank commander opened up in his Panther tank seems too big.

The Panther was a physically huge tank compared to a person. I think that the tank commander is too large sitting in his Panther. He looks like a giant in there.

Thoughts? Am I mistaken here?

PS I have same-scale models of a Panther and a Tiger I from the same company. The Panther is the larger of the two. Is this correct? Maybe the model company got it wrong.

Thanks.

PSS Great game, by the way.

Looks very OK to me.

As to which is larger, it depends on how you look at it. The Panther was a little bit longer in the hull, but considerably lighter. Tiger a bit wider and taller. I think the Panther's shape is more "organic" and symmetrical, vs the Tiger's cheesebox on a brick look and that may be why the Panther seems larger - its lines go together more harmoniously. It was a beautiful tank, if there is such a thing, but that term is seldom applied to the Tiger, which is IMHO more of a brutish looking thing. Sort of like comparing a baseball bat to a mace...both will give you a nasty headache, but one does look a bit less lumpy.

Comparative dimensions:

Tiger:

Weight 62 tons

Length 20 ft 8 in

Width 11 ft 8 in

Height 9 ft 10 in

Panther:

Length: 22.5 ft.

Width: 11.2 ft.

Height: 9.8 ft.

Weight: 49.4 tons

And of course the Churchill was longer than both at 7440/24 ft 5inches

Width 10ft 8" - 3251 mm

Height 8ft 2 " - 2490 mm

I only mention it as its the bulkiness is interesting when you come to measure height - as in target. I must admit I always thought the Tiger was larger - and I have seen them both close to.

Sherman M4

19' 2" 5840 mm

8' 7 " 2620 mm

9' 0" 2740 mm

The tanks themselves are modeled beautifully.

But, I spent some time on YouTube, and I think that the human figure's head is too big for the tanks. YouTube has Panthers driving about with a crewmember's head sticking out of the top. It's fairly clear that the human figure in the game is too big for the tank.

This is not a big deal to me, but, it is interesting.

The tanks themselves are modeled beautifully.

But, I spent some time on YouTube, and I think that the human figure's head is too big for the tanks. YouTube has Panthers driving about with a crewmember's head sticking out of the top. It's fairly clear that the human figure in the game is too big for the tank.

This is not a big deal to me, but, it is interesting.

Don't just talk about it: get a screen shot of the original, open up CMBN and get screenshot from the same angle. Give us evidence! Support your accusations! Chat is too easy, show us the proof!

Seems the obvious thing to do.

The Pzkw IV does look proportionally accurate, I admit.

The Panther looks OK, too.

Here's a link to a youtube film clip that indicates that CM:BN got the scaling of the human figure in the Panther correct.

So, I must retract my statement about the game perhaps not having got it right.

Thanks for posting.

Very interesting stuff indeed.