Campaigns

Hello Chris:

When it arrives I will have to check it out. But I don't think I can aspire to such lofty heights as making a campaign. I have never even made a scenario and even though I love history I don't read tactical-level accounts, so far anyway.

I see that one of the in-game campaigns, Road to Montebourg, is getting a lot of good press. So that will be interesting to check out.

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry

I would strongly recommend that you play through the Task Force Raff campaign first to get a feel for the game before going into 'Montebourg'. I have a (bad) reputation for making difficult/challenging campaigns and Montebourg probably won't harm that rep either. So playing Raff first will help you get a bit more out of the experience. In spite of its 'Combat Training' tag, TF Raff is a hell of a lot of fun to play as well. You might as well enjoy youself while learning. :D

Gerry

I would strongly recommend that you play through the Task Force Raff campaign first to get a feel for the game before going into 'Montebourg'. I have a (bad) reputation for making difficult/challenging campaigns and Montebourg probably won't harm that rep either. So playing Raff first will help you get a bit more out of the experience. In spite of its 'Combat Training' tag, TF Raff is a hell of a lot of fun to play as well. You might as well enjoy youself while learning. :D

RAFF is a cracking wee campaign , really enjoyed it thanks :)

As posted before i would lobby for additional continuity between battles in a campaign. Steve did say he softened to the idea of experience gains etc where applicable. Im sure there are lots of other thinks that can be done too. (i understand this is a cmx2 engine issue not a campaign design one).

Yes, Task Force Raff is teaching me a lot of lessons, some of them hard-earned. I realized (a bit late) that the recon teams in the Greyhound scout cars also carry demo charges. So the stupid lieutenant who sent 1st Platoon through the existing gap in the farm hedgerow will now be writing about 4 or 5 more letters to next-of-kin...