Some questions from a new player

Hello community :-),

Im really new to Combat Mission. Never played a Combat Mission game before but then i heard from the demo to combat mission normandy and i tried it out. I really like it alltough im just learning the basics of the game.

So thats why im thinking now about buying the full version of the game, but before i have some questions and hope you can answer me them.

I really like asynchronous play and turn based strategy. So i heard you can play with other people in the game online and this also turn based and asynchron. So how does this work in game? Is der a Lobby where i can klick a button and the system finds me a game? And then i do my turn, submit it and wait for the opponent to do the same and the game tells me when my opponent finished his turn?

And how many players are there approximate in multiplayer?

I also have another question. Is it possible to time different actions in turn based mode? So like when there should be first set fog, then mg's shall get in position and after that a squad shall move forward. I heard that such things are not possible with the ordersystem, is this right or heard i something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Not sure about the best way to find MP opponents.

You can time different actions in turn base through the pause command, this can be applied to waypoints as well so you can have someone run somewhere after 15 seconds, then area fire for 20 seconds from another waypoint, then move on etc. (if that's what your asking).

There is no in-game lobby to help.

A steam group has been set-up and I think it would be a good place to start. Don't have a chance right now but a couple of searches through this forum should find it for you.

Eventually their might be an opponents wanted forum.

In regards to timing, that is something you find through experience. There is nothing that says X event will happen at this time. But as bodkin says, you are able to pause your units to try to coordinate events to happen. For instance, you may pause your Sherman so that it does not start area fire until 30 seconds has passed. Same for movement of your units. You may also pause at waypoints; lets say you have 4 different waypoints, you can give a pause command at each waypoint. There are many possibilities all in an attempt to get as complicated coordination as you want.