Controlling a Crossroads

Generally I think "touch" objectives will give you a little message and disappear, like the phase lines in the Busting the Bocage scenario. Something like "Such-and-such unit has located Phase Line Blue." Once you get that they are completed. Many other objectives will require you to occupy the highlighted area by having direct control of it with at least one of your units at the end of the mission.

Might want to consult the briefing for whichever scenario you are playing, it should give specifics on what you need to do.

The mission is to capture the crossroads.

I am just thinking that it seems crazy to have them in the middle of the crossroads, where they would be vulnerable. But from your definition above, it seems it is required. I guess once the enemy has been cleared from the area it is easier to occupy it.

Gerry

The mission is to capture the crossroads.

I am just thinking that it seems crazy to have them in the middle of the crossroads, where they would be vulnerable. But from your definition above, it seems it is required. I guess once the enemy has been cleared from the area it is easier to occupy it.

Gerry

Well I think that's the idea, not that you are just contesting the crossroads but that it is totally secure, and safe to pass through.

Generally I think "touch" objectives will give you a little message and disappear, like the phase lines in the Busting the Bocage scenario. Something like "Such-and-such unit has located Phase Line Blue." Once you get that they are completed. Many other objectives will require you to occupy the highlighted area by having direct control of it with at least one of your units at the end of the mission.

Might want to consult the briefing for whichever scenario you are playing, it should give specifics on what you need to do.

Too bad it isn't this easy for the Guys in Afghanistan.

"Bravo 2/6,you have just touched objective Delta,You are clear to proceed to objective Echo"

"Ummm,Bravo 2/9 this is Bravo 2/6,.....ummm,all I did was lean on the wall of the house....I mean,lean on the wall of objective Delta,I never even entered the building,are you sure it is cleared?":D