Limiting per turn ship repairs

Heavily damaged ships would take months and months to repair, if they could be repaired at all. A strength 1 superdreadnought can be put back into perfect working order in 2 weeks in the game. How about we limit repairs to 1 step per turn (with some ports, the major ones, 2 steps per turn). Sheer numbers of MMPs do not compensate for the massive facility advantages Britain has over any of the CP countries.

Also, major upgraded ships ( I am talking Class increases not incremental anti-sub etc.) should be removed from the board for at least a year plus a random number of turns)

This would eliminate the ahistorical Command and Conquer Red Alert type ship building and recycling that we see in the game.

I actually think we did something like this in the past, at least tested it, as well as increasing the build times of naval units to more historical numbers, but the general feedback was that it just wasn't that much fun to play and limited a lot of what ifs.

I realize that might not be the answer you are looking for here but often it comes down to balancing out what happened in reality and game play and out best attempt at finding the middle ground.

Perhaps a continous supply script that would lower many of the German ports to supply 5 would give the UK the obvious advantage over repairs. I would recommend that these scripts did not fire during the winter months though so that the Germans would be able to fully repair their ships seasonally.

What I have suggested in the past is that the players should have an option. First you can port your vessel(task force) in a homeport(10 supply / 100 efficiency) and they will recover MPP free a strength point a turn, no player action required.

The other possibility, ie Yorktown's astonishing repairs at PH before Midway, the player can invest the MPPs to bring it back to full strength in one turn at their discretion.

As each unit is more than one ship, you could consider "repair" as assigning ships not yet part of a fleet to reinforce the unit, as well as repairing damaged ships. So its fine right now. That's true of land units too, you add new men and vehicles, not just repair old ones.