What Units Can See??

Yeah, the target button is the way to go. Also, if you are in a situation where you want to mkve a unit but arent sure if it has LOS, just put in a move order to the location, click the white ball at the end of the move line so that it becomes larger and brighter. Then hit the target button. The target line will still be anchored to the unit, but the info it gives you is from your new movement location. Admittedly, this is a bit cumbersome for RT players, but I find it quite useful in WEGO.

Yeah, the target button is the way to go. Also, if you are in a situation where you want to mkve a unit but arent sure if it has LOS, just put in a move order to the location, click the white ball at the end of the move line so that it becomes larger and brighter. Then hit the target button. The target line will still be anchored to the unit, but the info it gives you is from your new movement location. Admittedly, this is a bit cumbersome for RT players, but I find it quite useful in WEGO.

Cool, didn't know that until now.

I think the idea with using the target button as the new 'L' is that once a unit can see an enemy (which obviously requires LOS) then it can attempt to fire at it, even if it can't hit it. I remember in CMx1 there were times where a TC could just see over the top of a wall but couldn't order the tank to fire. Or maybe I dreamt that. Correct me if I'm wrong.